• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Won't eat salad

crissy60

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardy is a little older than 2 years and he won't eat his salad I have given him a salad for 3 days in a row and he won't touch it until finally I break down and give him his worms he will only eat 5 or 8 and then he is done and his salad sits. What do I do.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardy is a little older than 2 years and he won't eat his salad I have given him a salad for 3 days in a row and he won't touch it until finally I break down and give him his worms he will only eat 5 or 8 and then he is done and his salad sits. What do I do.
What worms are you feeding? Treat worms like super meal and wax and horn are for treats only and should not be fed as a main staple-- he has you trained- please start offering a staple insect like dubia roaches - crickets - BSFL or silk worms and fresh salads every day --- NO more worms - get some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com order large put those on top of his salads to draw his attention - feed as many as you want they are small - feed first thing in the morning and then feed your main staple I would feed dubias --- since hes 2 years old he only needs insects 2-3 times per week -- how is he getting water? Salads is usually the main way - and how often is he getting water? Make sure your using a long tube fixture for a UVB coils are no good and a health hazard --- he will not be able to absorb/ synthesize his calcium w/ a coil --- if you need help w/ that let me know - make sure the UVB is properly placed for the screen on the tank - screens will block 30% of the UVB rays

Latest posts