• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will female bearded dragons breed if gravid?

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
My female paired with my male about 4 months ago and laid a dud clutch (it was her first clutch so I know that's very typical). They successfully paired about 8 weeks ago after she was back at a healthy weight, but she hasn't laid any eggs. She also hasn't been allowing another pairing so I'm wondering if she is gravid but just started forming eggs late? Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My female paired with my male about 4 months ago and laid a dud clutch (it was her first clutch so I know that's very typical). They successfully paired about 8 weeks ago after she was back at a healthy weight, but she hasn't laid any eggs. She also hasn't been allowing another pairing so I'm wondering if she is gravid but just started forming eggs late? Thank you!
I don't know anything about breeding but can post to someone who does- they can answer your questions

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you could do that it would be a great help!
Here is what she has said
She probably wouldn't be recertive if she's close to laying but there's no sure answer.

And any successful mating will produce a fertile clutch even the first time. I never had a female lay a first clutch that was not fertile, that's misinformation that gets passed around.

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is what she has said
She probably wouldn't be recertive if she's close to laying but there's no sure answer.

And any successful mating will produce a fertile clutch even the first time. I never had a female lay a first clutch that was not fertile, that's misinformation that gets passed around.
Okay cool, thank you. In all of my other animals it's been common to have next to no fertile eggs the first clutch. Guess it's just my luck then!

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
How did you confirm the eggs were slugs? Typically takes a solid week to know pretty sure, and even then really best to just incubate until they show signs of being bad.

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
How did you confirm the eggs were slugs? Typically takes a solid week to know pretty sure, and even then really best to just incubate until they show signs of being bad.
They were yellow in color and small. When candled there was nothing in them but liquid (obviously the eggs didn't look right in the first place because they weren't the pinkish hue lol)

Latest posts