• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WHY???

NickG1987

Hatchling Dragon
Why does my bearded dragon always poop on my bed? This is the third time he's pooped on my bed in two weeks. When I get him out, he seems to love being on my bed, he runs around jumping, acting a fool. But then, he'll stop, turn around and look at me, and take a nice deuce on my sheets. Anyone have an idea as to why he does this? If I let him roam around on the floor, no poops, he sat on my shoulder for almost an hour yesterday, not even a speck of poop. Does he just get super relaxed while playing on the bed, or does he secretly harbor hate towards my Egyptian cotton sheets in navy blue?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think he doesn't like the thread count!

Does he poop in the same spot each time? Maybe you could put a towel or something there so that he goes on that.
How many times does he poop each day in his tank? Do you let him on the bed everyday? Does he poop on the bed EVERYTIME he's on it?

If he only poops a few times a week and you let him on your bed a few times a week, maybe you can give him a "poop bath" before you let him run on the bed. Rub his belly, move his back legs to help get the poop out before he gets to play. Or if this happens the same time each day, you can put him back in his tank just so he can go and then bring him back out when he is done. I remember before Dexter started to go only in the tub, she would get real anxious and give me a sorta urgent look and then I would put her back in her tank and she would poop.

NickG1987

Hatchling Dragon
No, he runs around the bed everyday. It's never in the same spot on the bed, today it was near the footboard. My beardie poops 2-3 times a day, usually, in his tank lol. Anytime he does poop on the bed I remove the sheets and sanitize both the sheets and mattress. The only warning I get is a look back over his shoulder with a sinister look on his face as he relieves himself on my sheet and then goes back to running and jumping like a maniac.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm so sorry but I have to share this with you. The other day Dexter was running around her tank being all cute and looking at me like she had an agenda. I was so excited because it's the most animated she's been in her tank in a LONG time. Then the light bulb went off in my head...she has to poop..she won't go in her tank. So I hurried, scooped her up and put her in the bath tub, started to run the water and she went!

NickG1987

Hatchling Dragon
lol. Gojira does that too, but that's just because he wants to climb up my shirt, climb up my face, and chill on the top of my head.

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
I'm so sorry but I have to share this with you. The other day Dexter was running around her tank being all cute and looking at me like she had an agenda. I was so excited because it's the most animated she's been in her tank in a LONG time. Then the light bulb went off in my head...she has to poop..she won't go in her tank. So I hurried, scooped her up and put her in the bath tub, started to run the water and she went!
My newest Beardie, Luna, will ONLY poop in the bath! I thought it seemed weird or that maybe she was having impact ions issues. Good to know this isn't an uncommon issue! Every stinking time I set her in that water! Lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My newest Beardie, Luna, will ONLY poop in the bath! I thought it seemed weird or that maybe she was having impact ions issues. Good to know this isn't an uncommon issue! Every stinking time I set her in that water! Lol

It really makes for easy clean up. Dexter usually goes right away I flush it right down the drain and then fill the tub up with the hand held shower sprayer, Dexter LOVES to play under the shower head! She is so weird.

Latest posts