• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

why are his hands like this

finn-stagram

Hatchling Dragon
iam concerned as to why his front feet are big and his one back foot is curved like that. iam also concerned about why his hands are flipped when he is sleeping. is this anything to be concerned of?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.01.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.01.37 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.01.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.01.24 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.01.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.01.01 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
iam concerned as to why his front feet are big and his one back foot is curved like that. iam also concerned about why his hands are flipped when he is sleeping. is this anything to be concerned of?
How old is your babe? And where did you get him? What are you basking temps and cool temps? And what kinda uvb do you use? Does he stay laying down all the time? If he does move does it hurt him to move or is he limping? With the hands and feet from what I'm seeing does not look normal. have you been giving him calcium by dusting his food? The 3 things I know that could do this is MBD which Usually is common for beardies without proper light and calcium. Gout that's when to much uric acid I believe. What does his poop look like? And the last it could be infection. did he fall are get hurt by anything if he doesn't have enough calcium his bones could be easy to break so if he fallen and hurt himself that could be possible as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please answer all the questions Wolfgirl asked --- UVB is EXTREMELY important --- NO coils for UVB - the front feet look swollen this could be from possible gout but we need to get UVB ruled out first --- the only way to find out if its gout would be a uric acid test done at the vet --- what is the diet your feeding the dragon?

finn-stagram

Hatchling Dragon
How old is your babe? And where did you get him? What are you basking temps and cool temps? And what kinda uvb do you use? Does he stay laying down all the time? If he does move does it hurt him to move or is he limping? With the hands and feet from what I'm seeing does not look normal. have you been giving him calcium by dusting his food? The 3 things I know that could do this is MBD which Usually is common for beardies without proper light and calcium. Gout that's when to much uric acid I believe. What does his poop look like? And the last it could be infection. did he fall are get hurt by anything if he doesn't have enough calcium his bones could be easy to break so if he fallen and hurt himself that could be possible as well
he is 5 months old i believe and i bought him from a local pet store not petco or petsmart and his basking temps are usually 100-105. he does move and he always has had his calcium when i dust his roaches. when he walks he does walk a little slow. and i can only remember him falling when he was on his hammock he fell off of it but he was fine.

finn-stagram

Hatchling Dragon
he is 5 months old i believe and i bought him from a local pet store not petco or petsmart and his basking temps are usually 100-105. he does move and he always has had his calcium when i dust his roaches. when he walks he does walk a little slow. and i can only remember him falling when he was on his hammock he fell off of it but he was fine.
and his poop is very normal he poops everyday

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can u show us the calcium, and what kind of uvb is it? A long bulb, or a small coil bulb?

finn-stagram

Hatchling Dragon
Can u show us the calcium, and what kind of uvb is it? A long bulb, or a small coil bulb?
this is his clacium and set up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 2.58.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 2.58.50 PM.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 2.58.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 2.58.57 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
this is his lighting
Please get rid of the coil UVB if there is one in that dome --- you need one good bright white basking bulb NO colored and NO daytime bulbs --- it needs to be clear
for a UVB you need a long tube fixture 24" for a 40 + gallon tank
Zoo Med https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756 this comes w / a 5.0 bulb keep it for a back up if its used it will needs different placement and distance from the 10.0 bulb you will need for a 40 + gallon
22" https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332
or this Arcadia Pro T 5 https://www.pangeareptile.com/collections/t5-lighting/products/arcadia-prot5-12-uvb-bulb-with-hood
or this 24" https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjAxIn0=
these are all good fixtures -- you need to get this ASAP -- your dragon is developing MBD -- and the swelling is more than likely due to lack of UVB --- at this time he is unable to absorb the calcium your feeding ---
when you get the UVB please let me know so I can help you place it in the tank ---