• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where is a there vent hole for water?

Susan Gebbie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have realized my breadie is bromating. 1st time so was freaking out. Read a great source and feel better. But when I would bath him for absorbing water the resource said you need to make sure their vent hole is under water. Where or what is their vent hole?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The vent hole is their butt. There is old belief that they would absorb water through their vent. We are just now finding out that that isn't really true and the only way for them to get water is through their mouth either with veggies or getting them to drink water.

I've never had a dragon in brumation so I can't speak from experience. I was under the impression that you still bathe them once a week and they wake up a bit and you can drip water on the tip of their nose and get them to lick it off. They may even stay awake long enough to have something to eat too.

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
Fenchurch went into a partial brumation this winter. Meaning she slept a lot and just barely ate anything for a few months. I've never seen her drink. She won't even lick water off her snout. She didn't show any signs of dehydration, so I don't know. She's a camel or something....

Latest posts