• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where are all the rankins coming from??

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So was there a large blackmarket push for rankins from Australia to England recently? lol
It appears that more and more people have rankins now. Thing is everyone says oh i got my breeders from so and so and they imported them from Overseas. why is it just now being done. Not very many people at all were working with Rankins just a few years ago. Now there are like 8 listings on Kingsnake for them. Im just wondering what others opinions are on where they all are coming from lol.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No i realize they are importing them from overseas what i mean is where are the sudden numbers coming from. They seem to be all over now when what like last year it was damn hard to find them. Or at least it seemed as such.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
breeders in the US tried mating them to PV. Wonder how well that worked for them? (note....that wasn't really a question lol)
there's some pretty good stock in the UK and surrounding areas. And most likely what's been imported.
I know that's where ours came from.

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The crosses worked.

I have a friend who was selling Rankins at the last show. They are really docile. He said he didn't know their lineage so he wasn't sure if they were pure. They were pretty cool though. He offered them to me for free and I had a hard time turning them down. He just wanted me to offer him a low wholesale price on the babies. I'm still tempted :)

There isn't a big market for them. People prefer the size of Vitticeps. I'm sure they will be offered less and less in the future, like before.

Latest posts