• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What type of Dragons do I have

Laurielovespets

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I am an Exotic Animal Rescue in Raleigh NC. These Dragons were dropped off at my door, male and female, and I am having trouble identifying them. They are ready to adopt out, but I want to make sure what type they are, how big they will get, where they are from, before I list them. They will be adopted out seperately. The male first, and the female after I make sure she doesn't lay eggs. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20170408_150806.jpg
    20170408_150806.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
If you go to my post called meet my beardies, I have 8, you'll find pics of them. to me 1 looks like a sand fire (left) the other 1 looks like a regular dragon with red highlights. They are both beautiful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I'd wait and see what some of the other forum folks say too. Everyone is very knowledgeable

Laurielovespets

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you go to my post called meet my beardies, I have 8, you'll find pics of them. to me 1 looks like a sand fire (left) the other 1 looks like a regular dragon with red highlights. They are both beautiful

Thanks for the response. They are beatiful, and were well taken care of before they were dropped off. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They are gorgeous! I would keep them apart so that she doesn't lay eggs. The male will mate with her as much as she can and she can also retain sperm for quite some time before she has eggs.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
That is absolutely right! Now you are understanding how I wound up with 8 dragons, lol

Laurielovespets

Bearded Dragon Egg
They are gorgeous! I would keep them apart so that she doesn't lay eggs. The male will mate with her as much as she can and she can also retain sperm for quite some time before she has eggs.
I did not know that. Thanks for the information! I'll seperate them this morning. :) It's so hard to get the correst advice from the internet. Can you tell me how long I should hold onto her to see if she lays eggs or not before I put her up for adoption?

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Geez, I'm thinking at least a month? What do you guys think my fellow forum friends? It's been years since I've had to deal with that kind of situation

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm not really sure. I thought they could retain sperm for up to 3 months but I don't really know the exact time.

Latest posts