• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to expect when I'm expecting?

Cate Black

Hatchling Dragon
I recently found out I was very wrong about my dragons genders and they've copulated more than once before I could separate them. So now that my female may be pregnant, what should I look for? What are signs of pregnancy in a bearded dragon? And I understand they lay their eggs in sand, I have a separate tank I could fill with it for her to breed in. Is that how it's done?
And why is an incubator needed? I understand it is, and have looked at ones on the internet. How do you use it? What is the temperature and humidity to keep eggs?
This is all hypothetical, I don't even know if she's preggers. But I would love advice.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2d.jpg

If your BD is Gravid she will start to fairly rapidly increase in size & weight. If Gravid she should lay within 4 weeks or so. Towards the end, if the eggs are fertile, often you can see or feel like marbles in her tummy. If you believe her to be Gravid & she likely is if you witnessed coupling, be sure to up her calcium intake as much as possible & be sure that her UVB is close enough to be effective. Forming the eggs takes up a huge portion of their Calcium stores. When the time comes to lay, your BD will almost frantically begin to climb the glass, dig around if the substrate allows, etc, it would then be time to put it in a Lay Bin.

Some helpful info ...

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to BDF!! Good luck and cross your fingers on the pregnancy, Germ gave some great advice.

Latest posts