• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What should i do?

jasmineinka94

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok. So i've had my eye on this bearded dragon at the new Petsmart. They said when they first got him they kept him in the back and he would "Star Gaze." They have him up front now and I was thinking about purchasing him. Though the previous star gazing bothers me. He seems healthy he is easily handled because he was given water through a syringe and hand fed. Now he is Chasing crickets which I have witnessed. He is probably around 2 months old. He is 4 inches long nose to tail. nose to vent, almost 3 inches. He is looks health and is passively responsive. If you rub his face long enough he will at the most lick and nip at you gently. He's really sweet and I want to take him home but I'm not sure if I should due to his behavior. But then even so, If I got him and he did pass I would be happy to know that he was in better conditions and with someone who loves him than at the pet store that has three other larger dragons in it. I really have not seen any other signs of illness but the more I think on it the more it worries me. Any thoughts?

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
Well if you have your heart set on him, I'd say give it a chance. Most pet stores use star gazing as a general term for a beardie just acting strange. We have had a few come into my store "star gazing" but they were in fact perfectly healthy and two are owned by regulars who bring them in often. Its rarely used in reference to actual star gazer disease. And I know its not long but there is that two week guarantee. If he starts acting funny in that time, you can bring him back and ask that he be looked at by a vet again and treated. If its within those two weeks, PETsMART will pay for treatment for as long as he needs and return him to you healthy. You could even bring him back there a few days after getting him, complaining that he's acting ill, even if he's not and they will still so a check up for you if that would make you feel better. Its a lot of moving around for a little guy but if it means you feel more comfortable about his health, it might be worth it. Just talk to a manager first hand and have him promise to treat if anything goes wrong. I know at my store the managers will bend over backwards to make you comfortable with the situation.

Latest posts