• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What age do I have to worry about my female not laying?

k9reilly

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a female about 1yr old....she will occasionally go on digging tangents and burrow under her rock then layin there with just her nose sticking out for about a day then come back out and be her normal self...I had first thought she was laying eggs but thats not the case....When I bought her I thought she was a he because I didn't want the worry of an egg bound beardie, so I have been triing to research what age they start laying and what if anything special you need to do to keep them healthy. I am fostering a 7 or so yr old male, they can see each other from their cages but never come in contact...sometimes they will head bob and "swim" at each other and his beard will get very dark...after this is often when she will dig and hide...not sure if its a coincidence or not...can someone please help me?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They can lay at 6 months . I would not let them see each other it is just going to stress them out.

Dragons Dynasty

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
There could be several reasons for this behavior, 1) she could be diging to lay eggs, most of my females have laid a small clutch of infertile eggs usually between 8 months to a year old. 2) She may be wanting water, give her a good long soak and see if that helps. 3) She could be trying to brumate.
Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts