• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well..how about we make some friends..

Kai_Kat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey!
Kai and Kat have arrived ! Lol hopefully we will make a few new friends and meet some beardie enthusiasts as well. Looking to share knowledge and learn as much as we can about our 3 beardies (Stewie, Sam, and Dean) Dean is actually featured in our profile picture!

We'd actually like to know what type of beardies we have. All were purchased at Petsmart but ofc not much background information was given. Please take a look at the pics and maybe offer some information. Any and all info welcomed!
Sam is the orange colored Beardie.(we bought as a baby in Summer 2015)
Stewie is the big boy.(bought as a baby in Summer 2010)
Dean is the information guess yellowish?(we bought as a baby in Summer 2015)

Attachments

• 20160821_114804.jpg
    20160821_114804.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 20160801_145808.jpg
    20160801_145808.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 20160821_114814.jpg
    20160821_114814.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
Hey Kai_Kat! Congrats on your new bearded dragons! l also got mine at petsmart. most of the beardies there are normal. but some are leatherbacks. By the looks of it, yours are regulars. although, the yellow one looks like.. he's in the Gold/sunburst morph area.(you should look them up!) He's very pretty! hard to tell with the first picture because he's in the light. but they all look really good!

Mine is a leatherback i got from petsmart. but i'm still trying to figure out her morph :)

Sorry if i didn't help too much xD someone else will probably reply too :)

Kai_Kat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Kai_Kat! Congrats on your new bearded dragons! l also got mine at petsmart. most of the beardies there are normal. but some are leatherbacks. By the looks of it, yours are regulars. although, the yellow one looks like.. he's in the Gold/sunburst morph area.(you should look them up!) He's very pretty! hard to tell with the first picture because he's in the light. but they all look really good!

Mine is a leatherback i got from petsmart. but i'm still trying to figure out her morph :)

Sorry if i didn't help too much xD someone else will probably reply too :)

See I didn't know about "morphs" lol that is great I added some better shots of Sam she (we think it's a girl) ranges from bright orange to dark orange. Are you able to tell if Sam is indeed a girl or boy from the pic?

Attachments

• 20160821_143330.jpg
    20160821_143330.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 20160821_143304.jpg
    20160821_143304.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
See I didn't know about "morphs" lol that is great I added some better shots of Sam she (we think it's a girl) ranges from bright orange to dark orange. Are you able to tell if Sam is indeed a girl or boy from the pic?
She's really pretty!! Although i'm not sure about the color yet. i'll try to find that out. but. i CAN tell you how to find a beardies gender. by the looks of it, they aren't really babies anymore xD so. Just turn her around to where you can see her belly (still supporting her and making sure she is comfortable)

Now. directly under the vent you should she bumps, Two bumps side by side under the vent means it's a male. one or No bumps at all means it's a female.

depending on her age. the bumps will be more noticeable. and SLIGHTLY lifting her tail might be more affective too.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
First off a color is not a morph. Yes there are different colors from gold, red, yellow, orange, etc. But a morph is a dunner, silky, witblit, hypo, het, zero, etc.

PetSmart sells regular normal scaled bearded dragons unless you happen to run across a deal on a special one. As far as a morph goes you are talking hundreds of dollars. I've seen Dunner's go in the thousands.

And unless you know the parents and their DNA it is hard to tell exactly what they are.

As far as being able to sex the dragon you can NOT tell from the back side. You need to look at the bottom of tail from the back side with a flashlight.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Okeeeee? i mean like a color moprh

Technically morphs are your leatherbacks, trans, hypos (the list goes on and on). But I completely understand what you mean. A lot of people want to understand more about their dragon by knowing the name of its particular color and or morph. I've noticed a lot of breeders like to produce a variety of morphs as well as colors and sell those with the most pronounced coloring for the most money. I've attached a link in which I found to be really helpful. It's an interesting read and I really like the way the author laid it out. Im personally not so hypercritical and just call them whatever lol. Ps. Your leatherback dragon is absolutely beautiful! I love his gold coloring

http://www.beardeddragonlady.com/morphs.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey!
Kai and Kat have arrived ! Lol hopefully we will make a few new friends and meet some beardie enthusiasts as well. Looking to share knowledge and learn as much as we can about our 3 beardies (Stewie, Sam, and Dean) Dean is actually featured in our profile picture!

We'd actually like to know what type of beardies we have. All were purchased at Petsmart but ofc not much background information was given. Please take a look at the pics and maybe offer some information. Any and all info welcomed!
Sam is the orange colored Beardie.(we bought as a baby in Summer 2015)
Stewie is the big boy.(bought as a baby in Summer 2010)
Dean is the information guess yellowish?(we bought as a baby in Summer 2015)

Welcome to the forum! Your babies are beautiful and look very healthy/happy :)
As far as what type they appear to be normal "sandy" colored beardies. They may display some beautiful colors mixed into their sandy colors and this can actually change as they grow and shed. Once they are fully grown you will be able to see their true colors at last.

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
Technically morphs are your leatherbacks, trans, hypos (the list goes on and on). But I completely understand what you mean. A lot of people want to understand more about their dragon by knowing the name of its particular color and or morph. I've noticed a lot of breeders like to produce a variety of morphs as well as colors and sell those with the most pronounced coloring for the most money. I've attached a link in which I found to be really helpful. It's an interesting read and I really like the way the author laid it out. Im personally not so hypercritical and just call them whatever lol. Ps. Your leatherback dragon is absolutely beautiful! I love his gold coloring

http://www.beardeddragonlady.com/morphs.html

Thank you:) I just got my info from the wrong website was all.

Kai_Kat

Bearded Dragon Egg
First off a color is not a morph. Yes there are different colors from gold, red, yellow, orange, etc. But a morph is a dunner, silky, witblit, hypo, het, zero, etc.

PetSmart sells regular normal scaled bearded dragons unless you happen to run across a deal on a special one. As far as a morph goes you are talking hundreds of dollars. I've seen Dunner's go in the thousands.

And unless you know the parents and their DNA it is hard to tell exactly what they are.

As far as being able to sex the dragon you can NOT tell from the back side. You need to look at the bottom of tail from the back side with a flashlight.

Thanks.

Kai_Kat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum! Your babies are beautiful and look very healthy/happy :)
As far as what type they appear to be normal "sandy" colored beardies. They may display some beautiful colors mixed into their sandy colors and this can actually change as they grow and shed. Once they are fully grown you will be able to see their true colors at last.

Thank you!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and your babies are beautiful!! If you haven't already take a look at the link below several of our comments as I've posted on how to tell what sex you have... But in a dark room place your beardie on a flat surface and lift it's tail up and back *****NOT TOO far** just to pull the skin taught too far and you can hurt them...then shine a flashlight thru at the base of their tail shining downwards then look above the vent if you see 2 ovals you've got male hemipenes if you've got 1 bump in the middle that's a girl...
Hope that helps

Kai_Kat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum and your babies are beautiful!! If you haven't already take a look at the link below several of our comments as I've posted on how to tell what sex you have... But in a dark room place your beardie on a flat surface and lift it's tail up and back *****NOT TOO far** just to pull the skin taught too far and you can hurt them...then shine a flashlight thru at the base of their tail shining downwards then look above the vent if you see 2 ovals you've got male hemipenes if you've got 1 bump in the middle that's a girl...
Hope that helps

Thank you! We're going to take a look this evening and possibly snap a pic for some forum input. They may still be too young lol. Well they are at least a year and maybe 2 months old (Sam and Dean) Definitely appreciate the information!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They are not to young to sex them. If you google search how to do it you will see on YouTube how it's done.

Latest posts