• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weight of Bearded Dragons

ReptileCraze81

Hatchling Dragon
Hi what should the weight of a healthy Bearded Dragon be? I am new to Bearded Dragons and recently picked up what was told to be a Female and anyway I weighed her with my postal scales and got 434 grams. I couldnt get the tail on the scale so she would weigh a little more. The guy said he had her about a year and a half. Anyway thanks

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just like people bearded dragons come in all shapes and sizes. A good weight is one that when you look at your dragon they look hefty but not ROUND. When they walk, their belly shouldn't touch the ground. You want to look for good fat pads on top of the head or a nice thick tail base.

I once read that a good weight for an adult dragon is 500g. I keep that in the back of my head. My oldest girl is 535g and 20" long and she's well proportioned, she can actually be a little heavier. My boy is 18" long and around 565g and he's a little chunky looking.

Latest posts