• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

weight loss

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes i know its a bearded dragon forum but this is like our little off topic section so im off topicing it lol.

I need to lose 3-4 inches, 4% bf, or about 10 lbs in the next twoish weeks. Anyone have any input for me?

I work out 6 days a week (well cardio 6 days a week weights 4)
Mon/Thurs = 30-40 minute cardio, chest and tricep and 20 minutes in sauna
wed = 3 mile outdoor run
tues/fri = 30-40 minute cardio, back, bicep, and 20 minutes in sauna
Sat = 3 mile outdoor run

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Prior to pregnancies, I was a die hard South Beach Diet person. It reprogrammed me to eat well and it added weight loss as a perk.

If you follow phase 1 for the timeframe you mentioned and work out, I think you'd meet your goals.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Green tea is a good anti oxidant and burner also. Just don't use sugar. Use Splenda or something like that.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
out of curiousity gina, what if you drink your green tea black, is that fine too or would i have to use splenda? and could a tsp of honey replace the splenda?

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Green tea without anything is best , I think she was just saying if you need to sweetin it use splenda over sugar, I love green tea.
Im a die hard pilates fan and it helped me trim up i lost alot of inches and it toned my body fast , I do them 4-5 times a week about 30min each time 1hr if i have time for the longer version. I have tried different pilate routines but like the windsor pilates the best.
You do have a good workout routine so it may just come down to watching calories and eating healthy.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im a green tea freak and love it without anything except maybe a drop of honey once in a while

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I lost 97 lbs about 3 years ago and have luckily kept it off !!

cut you portions in 1/2...drink lots of water and yes green tea as suggested and never and I mean never eat after 6:00pm at night ! I work in a office until about 5 and yes it was hard but I just started prepairing my meals the day before. It took about a year to come off but well worth the wait !

Lots of walks, bike riding and what ever tickles your fancy...you should see results in a short period of time.

The best of luck !

Take Care
Laurie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Laurie, congrats on your incredible weight loss. I think a year is great for that amount of weight. Loosing it too fast can only cause harm to yourself.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrads on the weight loss.

Candice
I agree with what angel said. There are also other anti oxidants out there that many don't realize. Those dandilions you feed your dragon.................grow your own. Dragons eat the green food, you use the root. (for instance)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmm very interesting gina i may have to PM you more for your little "secrets of the garden"

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Renee said:
Laurie, congrats on your incredible weight loss. I think a year is great for that amount of weight. Loosing it too fast can only cause harm to yourself.

Thanks...but the doctor did tell me that the slower you take off the weight the less chance you have of putting it back on....though I do keep my big clothes and put them on every once and a while...just for kicks and giggles !!!

Latest posts