• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wanted Alive: Small .5"-1" Silkworms

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been using coastal silkworms for the past 6 months. They have an east coast and a west coast. I normally use the east coast but both are excellent. I also get my hornworms from them. They can answer any of your questions, they ship all orders immediately and will work with you on your orders in you want large or smaller items. I highly recommend them.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I get the chow you mix yourself. I usually get two packages and they last for a couple of months. I normally order 200 Silkworm at a time.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If you order from the east coast site, you can call the number in the website and John Lucas will explain what you need.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Taking care of them is like having another pet. After awhile you will get used to it. Good luck.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just another note that you may see some green in your Bearded Dragons poop after eating the Silkworms. It is just from the food and will go away after a few days.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine decided he doesn't want to eat his Silkworms now. He used to eat like 15 a day. He now only eats about 5 and none the last couple of days. His eating drives me nuts. I have about 150 Silkworms growing every day and he hardly eats them. He is coming up on a year now and am wondering if this is normal behavior.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Well when they do become adults, they are more about veggies than bugs. And yes, they do eat less live feeders when older. When BD's are young they are growing fast and that is why they eat so much when babies and juveniles. As long as your BD is healthy, I would just take note and not worry so much.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok. Thanks. I also lowered my lights a little to increase the basking temps. I think that might have been causing the problem. I will see if he eats more in the next couple of days.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I received what I ordered, small and mediums. These guys are active! All were alive too! Impressive since i'm in TX and they were shipped from FL. Aries loves them too! Thanks for the referral.

Ron G

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No problem. Mine is still not eating them very well. I am thinking of giving him some crickets just to see if he is just bored with them. I have not given him crickets in about 6 months and never thought I would again. Mine has never gone aggressively towards his food. He is a very lazy eater. I stopped giving him crickets because he would just sit and look at them and not eat any. I spent most of my time looking for them and making sure there weren't any left in his cage. I know you said don't worry about it but I really hate it when he doesn't eat anything.

Latest posts