• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

VERY Social Beardie!!

Gayna wilson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi folks :) my 10 month old female beardie has just come out of a 'semi' brumation and since she 'woke up' she will not stay in her viv. she wants to be following me around the house and exploring by herself and sometimes with the dog :) i have hot water bottles in certain places, and she periodically will go and dump herself down on one, then have another go at what ever she was doing. we go into the garden when it's sunny so she gets the natural sunlight, she has a leash, and she even comes to local shop with me sittin on my front lookin around, but she does not like to be in her viv. she has at least 5 hours a day in her tank so she's gettin her uv lights. all her temps are right, her bulbs are both under 6 months old. her viv is 4ft. i just wondered has anyone else had a beardie like this?!? .. Is this normal?!?

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi Gayna, My girls tend to be so much more social than the boys. If we sit on the sofa or go anywhere near the girls viv they start dancing along the front of the glass to get out. Once they come out they just go do their own thing, only thing with being in Scotland is we dont get the lovely warm weather as in some parts of the world so they dont get to stay out as long as they may like lol. They all have their own personalities and quirks and what is normal for one is different for another. We have 6 and they are all very different from each other :)

lshotbambi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I WANT MINE TO FOLLOW ME! The only thing she does is hug my finger when I try to put her back in her tank. Idk if that's normal or not. First and only bearded dragon

Gayna wilson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all for your replies..... Angela, i hope you little ones get enjoy bein out and enjoy the freedom of runnin around. its so cute to see them runnin about and climbin over everythin, fingers crossed for you. thanks again for your time :) xx ... Dragonsx6, I had a male also but he was no were near as social as her, he was more skitish, i had to sell him in the end, he kept attacking her trying to mate with her, but he was really stressing her out so i thought it was best to seperate them. thanks for your message :) xx ...Ishotbambi .. it's took me a while to get her to follow me, but we've got there eventually. sometimes she just goes her own way. i think it's just luck sometimes, she just wants to go the way i'm going but she still follows me. i think my mistake is i've spent way to much time with her and now she must see me as her 'mum' LoL. Just keep tryin with yours. Good Luck! Thanks for your time :) xx xx

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I WANT MINE TO FOLLOW ME! The only thing she does is hug my finger when I try to put her back in her tank. Idk if that's normal or not. First and only bearded dragon

Yes that is normal with many dragons she don't want to go back in

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Now I've been told not to bring her/him outside yet. I really wish I new her proper age! I also wish I would have done a little more research and bought one from a breeder on here! ( my next one will be just that) I have posted a pic if anyone can suggest storms age for me, so anywho, by lookin at everyones pics my guy us still too little to run loose correct? We bring him out and just scamperes along our couch, he use to just run and fall off, now he stops and turns around....so. funny

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My Gobi is extremely human-dragon social. And he is also starting to (try) cozy up to the three cats. One of them could care less about Gobi. One just looks at the beardie like it's an alien creature scurrying about. And the other has to get too uhhhh.... "friendly" with Gobi.

He (I'm leaning towards male) loves to be out and about from his cage. When I place him back, I get the look of disgust from him like "what I do to be put back in???". I'd rather he be uber social and frolic all over. Better than just laying there, not wanting to do nothing but be a lazy bones.

Sarah26

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you all for your replies..... Angela, i hope you little ones get enjoy bein out and enjoy the freedom of runnin around. its so cute to see them runnin about and climbin over everythin, fingers crossed for you. thanks again for your time :) xx ... Dragonsx6, I had a male also but he was no were near as social as her, he was more skitish, i had to sell him in the end, he kept attacking her trying to mate with her, but he was really stressing her out so i thought it was best to seperate them. thanks for your message :) xx ...Ishotbambi .. it's took me a while to get her to follow me, but we've got there eventually. sometimes she just goes her own way. i think it's just luck sometimes, she just wants to go the way i'm going but she still follows me. i think my mistake is i've spent way to much time with her and now she must see me as her 'mum' LoL. Just keep tryin with yours. Good Luck! Thanks for your time :) xx xx

You mentioned it took you a while to get her to follow you, what did you do? I've been out of school and unemployed for most of the time that my baby was growing up, we r close, but he never actually follows me around like your describing, once he jumped on me out of fear and wanted protection so he jumped on my arm and made his way through to my neck to hide. I want him to actually follow me, what's your secret?!:-D

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
lol I want to know the secret too! mine hates hates hates to be out of his tank or handled :(

Latest posts