• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very odd lay bin behavior

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My gravid female is showing signs that she's ready to lay, primarily digging non-stop. I decided it was time to put her in the lay bin. Once I place her in the bin, she goes to one corner (the same one every time), stands up, and tries to climb out. She will scratch at that corner non-stop, until I take her out. I put her back in, the process starts again. Any idea why she's doing this instead of digging?

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Maybe she just nit happy wuth the change of place? Y dnt u try just putting a box of damp sand in uer viv so she in a place she knows but atill has sumwhere to lay. :)

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This is her third clutch. The lay bin is a 30 gallon plastic tub, with an even mix of play sand and organic soil. This same bin and substrate she's laid in twice before. I took the substrate out of the bin and put it in her usual viv (30 gallon fish tank). She's isn't digging as much, but she seems comfortable.

Before you say anything, I know a 30 gallon tank is a bit small for an adult, but she's only 14 1/4".

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
25 this clutch. First fertile clutch. A couple look a little off color, but I'm giving them a fair chance. Exciting times ahead.

uploadfromtaptalk1405146283724.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Hehe sorry kids climbin on me. It was ment to say. Thays lots eggs for such a small girl. How is ahe ?

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
She appears to be doing okay. She's just laying around mostly today. Ate a few super worms yesterday, but she wasn't too interested in her greens

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
She appears to be doing okay. She's just laying around mostly today. Ate a few super worms yesterday, but she wasn't too interested in her greens
Aw glad she doin well. Must b such hard wrk poor girl.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw i no if only there was easier less painfull ways of doin these things hehe.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
They must weigh more than her its just amazing.how its even.possible. And us woman.moan.bout havin.kids :p

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
She was 556 grams before she laid. I haven't weighed her (letting her relax some), but I'm going to weigh her later today

Latest posts