• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Tube

Bahamut

Bearded Dragon Egg
After finally getting enough money, I was able to buy a reptisun 10.0 tube. I had been using the coil for awhile and finally was able to break free of it.
I was wondering if a simple walmart fixture would suffice to hold it, or would I need to buy the pet store one.
Also, would it melt away if i put it near the heat lamp?

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
I didn't have any problems with the $10 under cabinet Walmart fixture. I assume you got a T8 tube, right? Because a T5 won't work with it.

If you go that route and have a T8 tube, I recommend you buy a couple of Command hooks (hardware section of Walmart) and use them to mount the fixture inside the vivarium, on the hot side. Just make sure that there is no way for the dragon to climb up to the fixture and you're good to go.

Bahamut

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought mounting tape instead, I'll let it bond overnight and if it doesn't work I'll definitely find those hooks.

Latest posts