• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB light safety?

Charlie Clifford

Hatchling Dragon
So I was thinking because UV light is bad for people, is it safe for me to keep my UVB light in my bedroom on 10-12 hours a day? I have a standard CFL UVB light. I haven't got around to upgrading yet.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'd switch that could light out as soon as you can, to prevent damage to your dragons eyes, and provide better UVB.

As for UVB and you're safety, you're 100% safe. The UVB is in the enclosure, and there's a glass barrier between the light and you. Since UV light doesn't penetrate glass, all you get is some visual light in your room without harm from any UV exposure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Charlie Clifford

Hatchling Dragon
I'd switch that could light out as soon as you can, to prevent damage to your dragons eyes, and provide better UVB.

As for UVB and you're safety, you're 100% safe. The UVB is in the enclosure, and there's a glass barrier between the light and you. Since UV light doesn't penetrate glass, all you get is some visual light in your room without harm from any UV exposure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks so much for your help.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
UVC light is the light that is bad for you. The lights in your tank put out little to none UVC.

Latest posts