• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Fixture

Reccos493

Bearded Dragon Egg
I really would like to use the Zoo Med Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB bulbs, but haven't been able to find a fixture at a reasonable price. I found some for about 50 dollars at the lowest and I guess it might be better to pay the extra money. I found Jump Start T5HO Kits from New England Herpetoculture for around 40 bucks and was wondering if these would work? These kits also provide hangar clips for mounting, which the 50 dollar fixtures do not. I guess I am just being cheap, but that 10 extra bucks could go towards more food, extra bulbs etc. I understand that UV is essential for Beardies and only want the best for my future little one. If anyone has other fixtures that worked for them at a lower price, let me know as well. Any other answers or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
New England Herp is a great place to get supplies. Love those people! That fixture is a high output fixture, so will work with the Zoomed lights, yes. I know some people have found cheaper fixtures at hydroponics stores, though I have never checked myself. Just make sure its both the right length and that its a high output fixture with electronic ballast. Glad to hear you are going with the T5s, they are a fantastic UVB source for your dragon

Reccos493

Bearded Dragon Egg
New England Herp is a great place to get supplies. Love those people! That fixture is a high output fixture, so will work with the Zoomed lights, yes. I know some people have found cheaper fixtures at hydroponics stores, though I have never checked myself. Just make sure its both the right length and that its a high output fixture with electronic ballast. Glad to hear you are going with the T5s, they are a fantastic UVB source for your dragon

I completely agree. I purchased my garg supplies from them and Jessica was great. I will be placing the Beardie in a spare 20 gallon long for now, until it gets bigger of course, in which I have a 50 gallon. I think a 24 inch fixture should be good, since I do not have the exact dimensions at the moment. I was originally going to get the T8 bulbs, but saw the comments on here and in other research that changed my mind. Thanks for the helpful answer.

Latest posts