• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UV SUN T5 24w 22"

Mattiekane

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Do any of you guys use this bulb? Mine has come up to its time limit-ish and is due changing.

Im stuggling to find out the UVB rating of this bulb too, can any one shed some light? Thanks

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I use the ReptiSun T5, and I LOVE it. I swear Dexter perked up as soon as I put it in! You have the T5 fixture since the bulb is skinnier than the T8.

Mine is resting on top of the mesh, and this bulb penetrates through the mesh more than the T8.

Mattiekane

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I got it with the viv who i got off a friend of a friend that couldnt look after the beardie any more, ill try get some pics

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No worries, I just looked it up. It looks very similar to the ReptiSun 10.0 HO T5 bulbs we get here in the states that I use for both my dragons.

Mattiekane

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
What i do like about the holder is it has a built in reflector and you can adjust the direction of shine if that makes sence

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes. The reflector also helps it get further down into the tank so instead of the beardie needing to 4-6 inches from light if it's on a mesh screen it could be like 14inches and still get the UVB.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Make sure the direction of the shine is pointed down and not directly at the dragon. It would be like us looking at the sun all day...not good.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ideally you want to mount it to the top of the enclosure and pointed directly down. This will ensure that no eye problems happen. Also, the fixture is fine but I would switch to either the Zoomed or Arcadia bulbs instead. Lucky Reptile is a Chinese made brand that has had some quality control issues.

Latest posts