• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UV Advice

Freya

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I currently have a compact reptiglo 10.0 bulb but want to change to a strip uv bulb.
Does anyone have any advice as I am getting confused looking online and really don't want to waste money buying the wrong thing. All the ones I have found are double units and I only need a single can I just not use one?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
One bulb is just fine. I know some people buy fluorescent fixtures at Walmart to save money and use the Reptisun 10.0 bulbs. I always believed in using the fixture that was made for the bulb but that is just me. I personally like the ZooMed T5 bulbs and fixture. They are a bit expensive (I got mine at a good sale) but my beardies are a lot happier and active with that bulb.

Latest posts