• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT: Need advice with Angel's feet!

Angel And Diablo

3 Year Member
Hello, this is my first post. I made an account because 2 weeks ago my girlfriend and I got two bearded dragons as our first pets together. She liked one that had minor problems with her toes (See pictures) I'd like advice on what is up with Angel's toes. Thank you :)
IMG_20161025_180559.jpg
IMG_20161025_180615.jpg
IMG_20161025_180559.jpg
IMG_20161025_180615.jpg
IMG_20161025_180625.jpg
IMG_20161025_180635.jpg
IMG_20161025_180559.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She's got some stuck shed on some of them, by the looks of it. That would be the first issue I'd address. A soak and a soft bristled baby's toothbrush should do the trick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Angel And Diablo

3 Year Member
Y
She's got some stuck shed on some of them, by the looks of it. That would be the first issue I'd address. A soak and a soft bristled baby's toothbrush should do the trick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yea she is in the very last stages of shedding. Think her head and tail and feet's still need to come off. She wasn't shedding at all, until I gave her a bath, then her back came off and a few more pieces. But since they aren't 100% used to me or my girlfriend I think it'd stress her out a bit. But what about the length and twistedness of her toes?

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
I suggest using coconut oil or baking soda in the water when you soak her. I had many issues with my blue tongue skink Murphy when I got him due to stuck shed on his toes. It was a very bad case and took me a long time and lots of work to heal him. He is missing most of his toes due to not being taken care of properly before I got him. Baking soda is 100% safe and will loosen the dead skin. Use 2 TABLESPOONS per gallon for it to be effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angel And Diablo

3 Year Member
I suggest using coconut oil or baking soda in the water when you soak her. I had many issues with my blue tongue skink Murphy when I got him due to stuck shed on his toes. It was a very bad case and took me a long time and lots of work to heal him. He is missing most of his toes due to not being taken care of properly before I got him. Baking soda is 100% safe and will loosen the dead skin. Use 2 TABLESPOONS per gallon for it to be effective.

OK thank you :) I'll try it when I'm the only one at home so something doesn't spook her. And lightly scrub her toes with a toothbrush? Is it safe if she decides to try and drink some water?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would do aloe because it absorbs better than coconut oil. If coconut oil is left on the skin, they can get burned under the heat light.

There are a few things going on here. One, there is some stuck shed. Two, some of the toes look like they've been broken and healed funny. Three, the feet look swollen which could be caused by some sort of sickness. I would have a vet do a checkup and make sure It's nothing serious. The other issue is that the sand is staining his feet. Sand is nasty and harbors bacteria because even though you clean the poop out you don't get all of the liquid out.

Angel And Diablo

3 Year Member
I would do aloe because it absorbs better than coconut oil. If coconut oil is left on the skin, they can get burned under the heat light.

There are a few things going on here. One, there is some stuck shed. Two, some of the toes look like they've been broken and healed funny. Three, the feet look swollen which could be caused by some sort of sickness. I would have a vet do a checkup and make sure It's nothing serious. The other issue is that the sand is staining his feet. Sand is nasty and harbors bacteria because even though you clean the poop out you don't get all of the liquid out.
Yea I switched the sand out for a reptile flooring, harder to clean but removes that issue.

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
OK thank you :) I'll try it when I'm the only one at home so something doesn't spook her. And lightly scrub her toes with a toothbrush? Is it safe if she decides to try and drink some water?
Not sure but probably try not to let her drink it just in case. Maybe drop some fresh water on her nose with a syringe so she doesn't want to drink the bath water.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad that you removed the sand that will help alot. I would get a nice soft toothbrush and do a nice warm soak without anything at first in case they want to drink and after about 5-10 min of soaking and brushing the toes/feet re do the bath water with some aloe liquid for another 5-10 min to help it soak in to help with the shed.... Sometimes their feet swell up before they shed but if they don't go down I would for sure get them seen by a vet..
Are you housing them separate?

Latest posts