• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT: how to give calcium when they wont eat

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
In looking at the photograph, the first thing that I noticed was that his eyes seemed to be sunken. Have your parents been giving her soaks? My dragon rarely drinks water, except in her soaks. I've noticed that when she comes out of brumation (I don't wake her during that time to soak her) , her eyes seem to be sunken the way yours seemed in the photo.
Other than that comment I agree with several others here. See a vet immediately. She seems very rotund. She may be so infested with intestinal parasites that she has little room for food and they are sapping her strength. She needs to be seen by a vet (and take a stool sample with you), even if you must make a special trip home to accomplish that.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
he unfortunately doesnt have a vet and my parents dont have the money for a vet due to our cat that recently had to have a bunch of tests done and just passed sadly. was like $1k+ in vet bills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I'm so so sorry, can you call around to some reptile vets WHOM specialize in beardies? Also keep checking on here in sure someone may be able to GUIDE you.

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
In looking at the photograph, the first thing that I noticed was that his eyes seemed to be sunken. Have your parents been giving her soaks? My dragon rarely drinks water, except in her soaks. I've noticed that when she comes out of brumation (I don't wake her during that time to soak her) , her eyes seem to be sunken the way yours seemed in the photo.
Other than that comment I agree with several others here. See a vet immediately. She seems very rotund. She may be so infested with intestinal parasites that she has little room for food and they are sapping her strength. She needs to be seen by a vet (and take a stool sample with you), even if you must make a special trip home to accomplish that.
im gonna go back to tennessee but i cant make it until september 19th and even then, money is still an issue, were all broke. ive been trying to get them to soak him. how often should i get them to do it? every day or so?

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Oh I'm so so sorry, can you call around to some reptile vets WHOM specialize in beardies? Also keep checking on here in sure someone may be able to GUIDE you.
we have a vet about 45 min away, they don’t SPECIALIZE in beardies specifically, but they have a vet tech thats in a couple days a week that specializes in reptiles.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
we have a vet about 45 min away, they don’t SPECIALIZE in beardies specifically, but they have a vet tech thats in a couple days a week that specializes in reptiles.

Great can you see that person and ASK to be put on a payment plan.

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
they have a vet care credit card that they’re still paying payments on from the cat. they still cant afford it right now. needless to say theyre a one income household

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Soak the baby atleats once every other day make sure the water is warm not too hot or cold and make sure it's shoulder length and make him feel safe while he's in there. Never leave him alone during bath time don't be alarmed the warm water helps them move their bowels.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
they have a vet care credit card that they’re still paying payments on from the cat. they still cant afford it right now. needless to say theyre a one income household

I understand l have the samething I'm still paying on, my cat, my baby girl passed away as well just a few weeks ago.

LavishLizards

Bearded Dragon Egg
Try lowering the hotside temps by like 5 degrees and change the uvb light. Calcium cannot be processed in the body without good uvb. Take him outside to get some sunshine. Makes a huge difference. Let him wander a safe area in the house too. Stimulation helps. Warm bath soaks.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Try lowering the hotside temps by like 5 degrees and change the uvb light. Calcium cannot be processed in the body without good uvb. Take him outside to get some sunshine. Makes a huge difference. Let him wander a safe area in the house too. Stimulation helps. Warm bath soaks.
Good advice!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry, you want to change your uv light every 6 months
That depends on the UVB that they have if it is a T8 then yes every 6 months it is due to be changed out.. If it's a T5 those can go 1 a year

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
its a T5 HO

Perfect so I typically change my T5's out every 11 months.. Taking in mind if you are always moving it or bumping it that can affect the longevity of the bulb.

Latest posts