• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Upgraded the tank for my beardie

dmaysr

Bearded Dragon Egg
The 20 gallon long quickly got small for Draco so moved him to a 40 gal breeder. I'm using tile and kept the dbl lamp I had on the 20. Any suggestions and how close does the light need to be to the hammock? Don't want to cook my Lil buddy! [emoji1]
uploadfromtaptalk1454885391316.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Your bearded dragon should be at least 10" from the basking light. Meaning at 10" from the light your dragon's basking temp should be the correct temperature for it's age group.

UVB light is a different story. If you are using a T8 tube UVB light on top of the mesh, the dragon should be 6" away because the mesh blocks the UVB. If you are using a T5 tube UVB on top of the mesh the dragon can be 16" away with the mesh.

dmaysr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your bearded dragon should be at least 10" from the basking light. Meaning at 10" from the light your dragon's basking temp should be the correct temperature for it's age group.

UVB light is a different story. If you are using a T8 tube UVB light on top of the mesh, the dragon should be 6" away because the mesh blocks the UVB. If you are using a T5 tube UVB on top of the mesh the dragon can be 16" away with the mesh.
Thanks PatsyB!
I'm still using the dual cones and looking to upgrade to strip lighting soon. Apprentice feedback! [emoji2]

Dylan wicklund

Bearded Dragon Egg
Idk every dragon is different mine is like 6 inches away and he gets like 115f and loves it because when I move the light over he follows it and if he doesn't get enough he goes black and gets mad at me like I won't be able to even pet him

Latest posts