• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two Beardies-One Showing Aggression Towards Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy28

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Good evening,

A little over a month ago I inherited two beardies (one male, one female) that were being neglected. Since I took them in, they've been living like kings. Great diet, new bigger tank, etc.

They're both a little over a year old, 15 inches long, and originally were in a 20gal long together. Meager food, pathetic excuse of a saucer as a water dish that was cake dry, etc.

Now they're both living in a 100gal tank, and are on a proper diet.

In the last few days, the male has shown aggression towards the female. So much that the female won't leave her high spot. She tried to come down today to eat, and the male stood tall, started bobbing his head, and then charged after the female. Nudging her and trying to bite her. She scurried back up to her high spot and then the male proceeded to eat. She's not coming out of her high spot to bask even.

I'm assuming I will have to seperate them? Maybe get a second food dish? I just don't get why they've lived together their whole lives and just now is when this is starting.

Any input, thoughts, suggestions, comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

JB

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, JB. First, hats off to you on saving these guys.

Yes, I would recommend separating them as soon as possible. As much as we like to socialize ourselves, it is known that beardies are not social with each other. They are social with their humans.

The female is feeling inferior and will stop eating, etc. A short term solution would be putting a divider in the one you have. The long term, getting a second viv and ensuring they can't see each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts