• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Twitching at base of tail?

GoliathusRegius

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, new user here. This is probably not an issue, but I'm an overly worried pet das so I figured I'd ask anyway.
The last few days, I've noticed a few times the muscles at the base of my beardie's tail twitching. Not enough to make his whole tail move, just the skin around the base of his tail. He has plenty of water and has been eating normally lately, so I had no reason at all to be concerned about him before I noticed this.
If you need any more info I'm happy to provide, I'll try and get a video if I can.

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, I see it’s been over a year since anyone has responded to you... this isn’t a very helpful comment but I am here for the same reason!! Is your beardie okay? Could be something to do with inadequate UVB lighting or a problem with calcium absorption. That is what I have been reading at least. My beardie just twitched while she was sleeping so now I’m worried. I think it’s the UVB because mine is on top of a mesh screen so I’m gonna change that ASAP.

David Daniels

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, I see it’s been over a year since anyone has responded to you... this isn’t a very helpful comment but I am here for the same reason!! Is your beardie okay? Could be something to do with inadequate UVB lighting or a problem with calcium absorption. That is what I have been reading at least. My beardie just twitched while she was sleeping so now I’m worried. I think it’s the UVB because mine is on top of a mesh screen so I’m gonna change that ASAP.
You are exactly right, twitching can be a sign of mbd early on.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Twitching can be a sign of your bearded dragon feeling scared or threatened.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Twitching can be a sign of your bearded dragon feeling scared or threatened.
What are you using for a UVB -- if its a T 8 it needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor unobstructed --- meaning no cover over the bulb - it needs to be exposed along w/ no screen in between -- if its a T 5 it needs to be 12-15 inches from basking decor - both bulbs directly over the basking decor

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
What are you using for a UVB -- if its a T 8 it needs to be 6-8 inches from basking decor unobstructed --- meaning no cover over the bulb - it needs to be exposed along w/ no screen in between -- if its a T 5 it needs to be 12-15 inches from basking decor - both bulbs directly over the basking decor
Are you talking to me?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No sorry Kylie C

Latest posts