• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trip, Leader of the Gang

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well, I know I have been rather scarce of late. But what with being on leave and getting snake eggs into the incubator, Christmas and New Year, it has been a bit hectic. We as a family decided to keep 3 out of all the babies for ourselves. We have collectively called the Gang "The Three Stooges". Trip is the appointed Leader of the Gang.

Here are some pics.

Trip
DSC01808.jpg

The Gang having a soak.
DSC01806.jpg

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yip, TRIP is pretty special to us. He has a deformed back leg, kinked spine and multiple kinks in his tail.
He is a little character, especially when he hunts his prey, to see him go into stalking mode is a laugh, because he sometimes becomes a bit unbalanced when he launches hinself at the prey item and then gets such a disgusted look on his face when he misses.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are the "kinks" due to a deformity from being in the egg, or is it due to a calcium deficency from "birth"? (hopefully that makes sense to you)

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It's from being in the egg. He was born like that :) (I was one of the ones who followed the whole egg ordeal :D)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No other hatchlings from that clutch ended up like that? If that is the case then most likely it is just a deformity from the egg and not a calcium deficiency problem. Would still watch him closely for any other symptoms.

He is still a cutie though.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Beardie Mommy is correct, he was born like that. He was also the only one in the clutch to be deformed like that. Of course there was also ODIN who was born with only one eye from that clutch.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Roland they look great. Seems theyre gonna be 3 really spoiled dragons ;DLOL

I adore little Trip, hes so cute and spunky

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yip, they are really spoiled little blighters.

We have found that we can almost get TRIP to go into a trance if we just sit and gently scratch him under his chin.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah they love that.
Pogie likes it when i rub the top of her head.
Shell close her eyes and her head will start sagging and sagging till it hits the floor.
The its like an aeroplane "Undercarriage UP" legs retract and shes flat on the floor - translike. LOL

Latest posts