• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Too much greens?

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Keena just took a monster poop and when I say monster I mean monster. I could not believe that big poop came out of that little Dragon but anywho she is constantly eating a mixture of mustard greens, dandelion greens, collard and kale. Then the next day I will give her a spring mix and shred some carrots on it. This girl loves her greens and don't get me wrong I am very grateful that she does but her poop was normal green with the white urates and then came a swoosh of clear liquid around her poop and I mean a lot! Is this normal when they are eating so many greens and is it ok or should I limit her? She still is eating approx 30 something crickets a day and some Dubia and butter worms.

Pat B

Super Moderator
My goodness....you should rename her Miss Piggy!! I wish Spike ate that much....he hates greens and has never eaten them. You might try cutting back on the greens just a little bit. Maybe that will tighten up her poops!! :)

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
hehe...I know Pat she eats just about anything and then looks like shes going to explode. I think I will skip a day on the greens and keep her just on the crickets. I have one fantastic eater and one non-eater LOL!

Pat B

Super Moderator
LOL!! And she is how old and already on a diet?? Too funny!! But it is good that she eats well....and then there is your Dino....:D

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
LOL, Well today did not go so well as this morning I did not leave her the greens and she did not touch her crickets that I left ( I count them) So when I did give her the greens this afternoon she dove in right away and ate half the frickin bowl of greens?? Then she ate up all the crickets....can you say Jabba hut...LOL!!!

Dino is still snoozing :(

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi there, I would personally let the little one eat her fill of greens. It is actually really good for her and it is really great your giving a good mix. You will deal with large smelly poo's but hey you have a bearded dragon. Large smelly poo's are in your future, inevitably. :eek:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When a BD is really well hydrated, as they would be if eating an abundance of greens, heavier fluid discharges along with the "Poops" is natural, posing no cause for concern.

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Gilli and Germ. I am leaving her greens every day and shes eating like a monster pig. Yep already smelling the rotten smell poop. I got a bit worried about the smell and wondered if I should take her in for a stool check but it hasn't been that long since we did that so I am thinking it has got to be the greens doing it. Shes growing like the speed of light.

Latest posts