• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Time between clutches

luissandoval87

Hatchling Dragon
So about three months ago a close friend of mine, who introduced me to bearded dragons, gave me a female dragon-Iris. I took her in an soon after she began acting funny. To my surprise she was gravid and laid about 21 eggs. Of those only 9 were fertile, and only 7 are currently incubating. Iris laid on 10/25/12. I read that they usually lay a second clutch soon after. I fed her quite often and gave her a little more calcium to prepare her to lay again. She gained weight and looks great, but she still hasn't laid any more eggs and it's already been about two months. Every once in a while she'll start digging, but she usually just chills in her hide, unless I feed her. Everything looks great: termperatures are good, she's been eating, drinking and pooping well. I guess I was just wondering if they take any longer to lay again and if maybe I should lay off the calcium i'm giving her I don't want to cause her any problems either...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
BDs don't Multiple clutch probably as much as they do, so what is happening is not strange. If she hasn't laid again yet, it is quite likely that she will not.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, Typically they will lay within 3-6 weeks after the first clutch if they have retained enough sperm for another clutch. If you had that many infertile eggs i would guess she wont lay again.

If you havent noticed any excessive window shopping, scratching or digging. As Germ said If she has not laid again yet, it is quite likely that she will not.

luissandoval87

Hatchling Dragon
Everyonce in a while she'll try digging, but I'm not sure if that's normal behavior for her because like I said I took her in and about a week later she laid eggs :/ I've had my male for about a year and he loves to dig, but doesn't dig at his substrate like she does he just digs in his dig box. I'm still getting to know her so I'll be on the lookout and ready just in case she decides to throw another clutch out :) Thanks a lot for your reply

Latest posts