• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This is Willie, poor baby!

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I could not leave this poor baby in the pet store where I found him, of course I asked store owner what he was doing there, he said he had gotten him from a young kid that found him abandoned in a apartment. He had no food in his cage, no basking light, only walnut shells on the floor of the cage. He is sooooooooooooooooooo thin, the bones are protruding from the base of his tail, Totally broke my heart so I brought him home. Taking him to vet later this afternoon, I really hope he only needs food and TLC, cause I have alot of that. Any suggestions on how to fatten him up, he appears to be about 7 or 8 mo
021.jpg
nths

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
poor baby. They bounce back pretty well. Piggy is a perfect example. be careful not to over feed. Start feeding small amounts and slowly increase. I made the mistake of feeding Piggy too much too soon and she threw up. I cut back her food and slowly increased again and she did great. Willie is lucky you found him.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good for you. Go slow. Start the first couple of days with slow feedings of crix. Feed him 2 or 3x a day but only small amounts of crix. Each day...add more. Do this for about a week, then feed normally. Also...don't forget greens everday all day. Make sure you give him a good soak to be sure he is well hydrated. Don't forget the calcium and vitamins.

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, vet couldn't find anything wrong with him, poor little guy was just starved, but I am so relieved there is no medical condition

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wonderful....now just get him to a healthy weight. Take it slow.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup, slow feedings and he should be fine. I showed him to Chris, who is not a lizard person and he said, poor little thing looks rough but looks like he is going to be a nice looking lizard when he gets some meat on his bones. Please keep up updated on Willie with pics. You will find that he will put on weight in no time at all.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OMG! He's so thin! Poor thing. I'm so glad you found him. Please keep us updated on how he's doing. Pics would be great! ;)

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just to let you know, Vet said NO parisites, looked good other than no food. How can someone do this to a living creature?
He is so sweet, turns his little head sideways and looks at you with those bright eyes and says "love me". Vet was amazed at how alert he is. I will keep you posted with pics. Keep him in your prayers

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wondered the same thing, how could he have done this to her? She was skinnier then poor Wille. She was about 6-7 months old maybe older, and only about the size of a 3 month old. It is so sad to see them like this but you will feel so bonded to him because you saved his life and you are making sure he never goes hungry again.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very glad to hear there's no parasites! That's great news!

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I got a digital scale today so I could keep up with Willies progress, Friday at the vet he was 112 grams, today, Tuesday he is 146. Is that possible?????? OH my gosh, I am amazed and soooooo happy.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Kudos to you for rescuing Willie.

I cannot abide cruelty to animals.

Best of luck in getting Willie top notch again.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I swear he looks fatter and healthier already.
Keep us posted and good luck with Willie

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow he is so skinny...bless you for taking him, I am sure he is in good hands now ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
monature said:
I got a digital scale today so I could keep up with Willies progress, Friday at the vet he was 112 grams, today, Tuesday he is 146. Is that possible?????? OH my gosh, I am amazed and soooooo happy.

Due to how thin he was, this is very possible when you take food and water into account....especially if he hasn't had a BM. I'd say he's going to be JUST fine! I'm so happy you found him!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
These pics make me so sad, it looks like Piggy all over again. He will be fat in no time. Good for you for saving him

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow he is so skinny I can't believe he survived. It's so great that you're taking him in. I would love to see updates!

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Update on Willie, just took a weight, he's up to 155 grams from 112 last Thursday. One week, I am so happy. Really looking forward to
him trusting me he is still very jumpy, But I guess if they didn't feed him, I am sure they didn't love on him. The bone that was showing on the base of his tail is almost all covered up.

003.jpg

Latest posts