• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thermostat for basking bulb?

Michael Colley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I want to use a thermostat on my basking/heat bulb to keep the heat steady. The problem is most thermostats shut on and off the power when it's too hot. This means the bulb will be going on and off which is no good.

Some thermostats are proportional which will keep the light on but just dim it. But maybe it would get so low it be hard to see?

So is there a thermostat that will work well for heat lamps!? Or is it not possible. Helix? Herpstat? Vivarium?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I know that people use dimmer switches on their heat lamp. If you are using a tube style UVB bulb covering 2/3'rds of your tank the dimming heat light shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts