• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The geckos

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here's Chester

Chester.jpg

DSCF1359.jpg

The female leo
DSCF1388-1.jpg

DSCF1390-1.jpg

The frog eye
DSCF1376-1.jpg

DSCF1395-1.jpg

DSCF1406.jpg

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oh my gosh............that pic of Chester is too awesome!

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just got the 2 new geckos on saturday. the little leo hasn't eaten. Relocation stress? She's also a little skinny (i think?) what's good to get her eating and fatten her up? Are mealworms ok for her or is she to small? She's about 3-4 inches long.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mealies, a wax here and there... roaches. All these are fine for fattening up gecks.
Mine only get the occassional super, but these are adults and huge. Staple insects are dubias.
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'll have to get some mealies today while i'm out. i'm looking into roaches. what would i need to get to start a colony to feed the five lizards?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
corrine,
she's 3-4 inches? Does that include her tail?

SHTCT1.jpg

take a close look at that pic, specifically of the tail. that's a pic of a 4 week old leopard. she's not yet big enough for mealies. She actually needs to be around 3 months old for good digestion habits. Can you judge her age?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i'm not sure... she's probably between 5-6? inches with tail. She doesn't seem to have any fat in her tail that's why i'm worried and she hasn't eaten any crickets since i got her. at least i haven't seen her she has pooped tho. here's a better pic kind of she's still very skittish

DSCF1415.jpg

DSCF1416.jpg

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she looks pretty young, possibly large enough for mealies. I'd order her mini mealies, just in case tho. they're smaller than regular mealworms.

I notice you have her in a glass tank.
1. she can see (for what that's worth) her reflection
2. she can see out........which means she feels like everything else can see in.

young geckos are generally raised in slightly opaque shoe box containers to minimize stress.
To get her to more readily adapt, I'd cover the sides of her tank with black construction paper, and no white lights. Also feed her at night, which she's more prone by instinct to hunt. You might already be doing this........you know how pics can be.

but she's awfully cute!

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i will have to pick up some paper. i usually feed the geckos before i go to bed between 9 and 11. She may be getting some crickets because she has pooped a few times. She has a red light i just moved it to get a decent pic. i have a bunch of hides and plants coming in on monday. so i will cover the sides and leave her be for a while. thanks

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ahhh ok............see told ya pics sometimes tell the wrong story. lol

the plants and hides you have coming in will do alot for her security. It offers her refuge, and she thinks nothing can see her

if she's pooping, she's eating something. As little ones, it only takes a cricket or two every couple of days to fill them up.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got my heat mats and installed them last night. They are getting WAY to hot. Is there a way to adjust them? I got all the plants and hides set up in the leo's tanks. The little one is much more active now that her temps are up a bit. How high can thier temps get? Her hot side is 104.4.(temp gun, I LOVE it!) That's right above the mat. She's laying there tho and seems content. She's slowly coming around. She let me hold her for a few seconds before dashing off under her cave. Still debating on names for the little geckos.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you can either put the heat mat on a rheostat, move it to the side (where it is only 1/2 way under the tank) or put a spacer between the tank and the mat. Generally the spacer can be the thickness of a piece of cardboard, or thicker if needed. Don't use plastic tho. Cardboard will work fine.

the 104 is a bit warm. At the hottest, you want around 90. Prime is around 88.

Latest posts