• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

THE BEST PLACES TO GET CRICKETS ONLINE FROM :]

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
Hello everyone, I would really love good places to get crickets from. Im tired of going to pet stores almost every day just to buy crickets. Some people tell me '' why not just buy from your local pet store, the crickets are really cheap. and besides just buy alot so it can last you awhile". And im like "HELLO" wake up call here:rolleyes: , when ever i buy crickets from my local pet store they all see to die very quick. So it would be like throwing your money in the trash :confused:.. Going to the pet shop to buy crickets is not all my troubles. Whenever you drive out some where you always where out your car and costs money to pay for gas. Ive looked at some sites but they always suprise you with the shipping cost. So ya i would be thankful if you throw some good sites at me. thanxs :)

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I've done a lot of research myself, and can't really find any deals. :(

If I may ask, how long can you keep your crickets alive? I feed mine just as well as I feed my dragon. I keep greens in there, and throw in an occasional (and tiny) piece of fruit. I clean the cage they're in once every 3-4 days. With this I think I've kept the original batch of 100 for almost a week, with only 5 deaths... and a couple of those I tossed because they were just really sluggish; didn't want to chance getting my Reggie sick.

Of course if you can't find any good cricket deals you could always just get roaches. :D

Stefbauer

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We have had great luck with gahns.com buy the 1/4 inch ones in batches of 1000 or 1500 and the price works out better than the pet store. 2 cricket keepers with potato, cricket food, and gel water... We buy them on the small size, last a couple of weeks, and are not too big by the time we need more. Gahns ships with a heat pack and have alway been alive.. And much much much more lively than the petstore variety. Place was on discovery's dirty jobs a while back... Worth finding the episode on demand if you can.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Stefbauer

DemonShed4.jpg

Silkmoth

Hatchling Dragon
I like mulberry farms. I think the shipping charge is good because you get the crix fast and alive. It would take the same cost for gas so I get 250 crix and don't have to go anywhere. Here at a pet store the crix cost a dollar a dozen. I think its worth it.

InfinityAquascapes

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm not sure where you are from but in my are (central IN) there are reptile expos once a month and crickets are sold in bulk by the 1000 for $16. I buy a box at each expo and get to check out cool reptiles while I'm at it! Look online and see if there is anything like that in your area! Good luck

Latest posts