• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Beardie Vs The Bath

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This may sound like a fun topic. But I assure you it's not.

After a whole month of fighting with the girl, she finally took a bath. A soak for 10-15 minutes. Maya hates baths with a passion. She hates sitting in the water, hates her toothbrush, even if it's very soft, hates running water, hates smelling good, and hates swimming. So it's always the Beardie VS the Bath.

lol. So yesterday, it was Bath VS the Beardie. The Bath won this time. But next time, who knows. I guess we'll come to that bridge. Smelling good is when she runs through her poop and gets a mild soap such as baby shampoo. I need to upgrade to all natural beardie soap, but funds have been tight right now.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its really really tiny. And hard to find. The hardest part about using it is getting them to open their mouths.

My bad – sorry. A human soft toothbrush can be used to gently scrub their scales. Particularly helpful when they're shedding. Or – when they've played in their poo.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Its really really tiny. And hard to find. The hardest part about using it is getting them to open their mouths.

My bad – sorry. A human soft toothbrush can be used to gently scrub their scales. Particularly helpful when they're shedding. Or – when they've played in their poo.

LOL, good one :p

@Noella it took Luci a real long time to trust the bath. He mostly likes it now but there are still times that he refuses.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's such a baby. She loves babying, cuddles, and even sitting on your chest after a bath or even a washing. She still doesn't like taking sponge baths either. She ran in her poo this afternoon. Had her out for 20 minutes for the cleaner to work.

Amber & Sunny

Hatchling Dragon
Sunny isn't too keen on baths either but he doesn't sqawk, just stares at me in disgust while he's in there lol. I guess I may just be getting lucky with the poo thing though, since he will only poop on top of his hide away rock and after he's gone he will sit in the farthest corner of his tank until I remove it, I guess he doesn't like the smell too much either haha.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sunny isn't too keen on baths either but he doesn't sqawk, just stares at me in disgust while he's in there lol. I guess I may just be getting lucky with the poo thing though, since he will only poop on top of his hide away rock and after he's gone he will sit in the farthest corner of his tank until I remove it, I guess he doesn't like the smell too much either haha.

Dexter does that if she poops in her tank. Usually she goes in the tub but sometimes if I wait a bit too long between baths she has an "accident" and goes in her tank. She goes to the opposite end of the tank and puts her head down like she's embarrassed and wants to cry!

Amber & Sunny

Hatchling Dragon
Dexter does that if she poops in her tank. Usually she goes in the tub but sometimes if I wait a bit too long between baths she has an "accident" and goes in her tank. She goes to the opposite end of the tank and puts her head down like she's embarrassed and wants to cry!

Aww! Lol poor Dexter!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maya poops in one or two spots. On her basking rocks or near them. She then goes to the other side of the tank, sometimes, and wait.

Latest posts