• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

the age beardies are being sold

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Has anyone noticed on this forum and the other beardie forums that there has seemed to of been a boost in people getting babies sold to them far to young or early. people with 2-4 week old babies 4 inches or so in length. its hard enough for breeders to keep them alive and healthy at this size and age let alone someone who has no background with these animals. I know times are tough but geez the breeders doing this really need to check themselves and their practices. you have to have no care for these animals at all to do something so uncaring. Do they just not have any care over if these lizards get the appropriate care and live past a few months old.

Arghhh
sorry i just wanted to vent a lil.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vent away, bro... it's just one more challenge for all of us, Lovers !
Janie.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brian, vent!!! Now breathe!!! LoL... I no exactly what you mean!! This is another reason why us breeders preach to other people that want to breed, learn before you do!!! Theirs tons of things you have to be prepared for and this being one of them!!! Sorry I had a little vent there as well!! ;)

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I wish I had found this forum before we got our 1st beardy a couple years ago bought him from *GASp*a petstore and he was the size of my pinky , he came with all sorts of health issues too and after months of vet bills, putting tons of money effort and love into he passed away leaving us heartbroken. We were told it was probably a stroke brought on by the other issues he was fighting, but the vet said it was alot to do with leaving the breeder way to early. I would never buy one that small/young again or from a petstore.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i cant agree more with you brian...i dont understand how difficult it is to just wait a couple weeks until they are 6 weeks/inches back when i had my babies some didnt leave till they were 8-10 inches cuz i felt they werent ready to go to someone yet

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, I have noticed the increased number of very young beardies being sold. It seems that these guys have gotten very popular in the past couple of years. Which increases the number of breeders. Unfortunately, some do not share the same passion that most on this forum share. Mass producing beardies has the same results as mass producing dogs or any other pet. Genetics gets messed up.

Latest posts