• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Talk about a picky eater

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not sure WHAT has been going on this past week with Dexter but she has been the moodiest little brat! She loves dandelion leaves so I always have that on hand. Well Sunday I went to Whole Foods and they only had red dandelion. It's basically the same exact thing as green dandelion only the stem is red. She refuses to eat it! I've heard of them only liking foods that are certain colors but this is ridiculous! The leaf is green, she maybe only can see a tiny bit of red.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! Wow! What a picky eater all right! I've got a picky eater myself. She won't eat collard greens, mustard greens, Endive, and Dandelion greens. (When I first got her, she ate those without a care in the world.) Now she won't eat them. She loves turnip greens and sometimes butternut squash. :D I try to sneak in some other green with her turnip greens, but I can't fool her!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She loves only green and it has to be flat, she won't eat anything curly! She's been eating less crickets too and tonight she wouldn't eat crickets for her dad but when I came home and put her in her feeding tank she chomped away. Now she gets to stay up an extra hour because she ate so late! I feel like I have a baby, I came home fed her, bathed her and now she's nuzzling on my shoulder falling asleep!

Her feet shed today so hopefully she's just being so moody because she's getting ready to do a body shed.

Latest posts