• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot?

katiepartridge .

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have just bought a 8 week old bearded dragon who seems very healthy except I have just noticed his tail seems to be darker at the end and seems to have a kink where it seems to bend and I'm worried this may be tail rot it's hard to see. Any advice?

Attachments

• 20200427_161051.jpg
    20200427_161051.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20200427_161159.jpg
    20200427_161159.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Keep an eye on him. Does it feel dry? Decayed? If it has either two of those symptoms it is likely tail rot.

katiepartridge .

Bearded Dragon Egg
No it doesn't feel/look dry or decayed but it is hard to tell as he is so small, I will keep monitoring it. Is there anything that can be done if it is that?

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Dip his tail into warm water for five minutes, if he is the squirmy type when it comes to bathing keep putting his tail back in until it's added up to about five minutes.

Latest posts