• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swimming in Bath Tub ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all,

We met a person yesterday that has a beardie and apparently he lets his swim in the bath tub and the dragon just loves it. I have heard that this can be harmful due to the chemicals that linger in the tub itself....does anyone do this.

Harley has her own tupperwear container for baths but in no way is it big enough for her to swim, now I am thinking how cool it would be to see her swim !!

Any advise welcome please.

Laurie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have heard of people letting their beardies swim in the tub. I would ensure you clean it afterwards. I did the container too. But mine was large enough for Bernie to swim around. He loved it.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i've not heard of any issues with bathing a beardie in the bathtub. personally, i'm too lazy to clean it. ;D so, i use the container method.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, did you Harley get to take a dip in the big boy pool?

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Renee said:
So, did you Harley get to take a dip in the big boy pool?

Why yes she did....the first time yesterday we only filled the water to where she could stand in it...and today we filled it a little deeper and lord and behold....off she went !! At first she looked terrified so we lifted her out a bit...then she jumped out of our hands and went back in....I have a video of this but do not know if I can post it on the forum....the pics did not turn out that great due to me not knowing how to turn the flash off on my daughters very confusing camera.

I will continue to give her regular baths in her tub and leave this for a once a week thing...

Take Care
Laurie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, you should be able to upload a video. It is very similar to how you upload photos:

Upload the video to a service (like youtube) and then embed it as a flash embed (button to the left of insert image)

Let me know if you have any issues.

HelenD

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We use the tub for kiyo all the time. Were it slants deeper at the drain kiyo loves to swim there....We fill it up at her shoulders(on the deep end) and when she goes she looks like a little alligator.....so cool!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I really cannot believe I didn't do this sooner....when she hears the bath running she gets all ansie...soo cute to see....she absolutly loves it....and well I think we do to....as when do you ever get two adults and two kids in the bathroom at the same time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts