• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworms

BeardieDaddio

Bearded Dragon Egg
My juvi beardie as his protein has been fed either a hornworm or crickets in the evening. Today however I noticed he wasn’t interested in any crickets or hornworms( which is weird to me because it’s like crack to them) I wanted to see if he was going to eat anything so I threw in a super worm, to which he went crazy for. I read how bearded dragons can get tired of their food and besides mixing up his veggies he doesn’t particularly care for either crickets or hornworms, but switched over to superworms. Can I use superworms as a staple insect to feed him? His stool didn’t have any chitin so I know he can digest him. I also live in Canada so I can’t seem to get my hands on Dubois roaches or BFSL. I don’t want to do mealworms as they are too low in nutritional value if I was to pick between worms.

If I can use superworms as a staple protein source how many do you guys recommend he eats a day? I know they’re fatter in content and don’t want to overdue it.
Thanks guys!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My juvi beardie as his protein has been fed either a hornworm or crickets in the evening. Today however I noticed he wasn’t interested in any crickets or hornworms( which is weird to me because it’s like crack to them) I wanted to see if he was going to eat anything so I threw in a super worm, to which he went crazy for. I read how bearded dragons can get tired of their food and besides mixing up his veggies he doesn’t particularly care for either crickets or hornworms, but switched over to superworms. Can I use superworms as a staple insect to feed him? His stool didn’t have any chitin so I know he can digest him. I also live in Canada so I can’t seem to get my hands on Dubois roaches or BFSL. I don’t want to do mealworms as they are too low in nutritional value if I was to pick between worms.

If I can use superworms as a staple protein source how many do you guys recommend he eats a day? I know they’re fatter in content and don’t want to overdue it.
Thanks guys!
Adult dragons need protein 2-3 times per week - try this website for silk worms and BSFL - I heard you can get discoid roaches in Canada but they were expensive -- you would need to google them to find a vendor that sells them
https://wormlady.myshopify.com/
Super worms are a treat worm --

BeardieDaddio

Bearded Dragon Egg
Adult dragons need protein 2-3 times per week - try this website for silk worms and BSFL - I heard you can get discoid roaches in Canada but they were expensive -- you would need to google them to find a vendor that sells them
https://wormlady.myshopify.com/
Super worms are a treat worm --
Thank you for the response! How many silkworms would you recommend he eat a day if I was to swap over from crickets. On average he ate about 20 crickets a day before showing me he wasn’t interested in eating anymore.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the response! How many silkworms would you recommend he eat a day if I was to swap over from crickets. On average he ate about 20 crickets a day before showing me he wasn’t interested in eating anymore.
Around 5 large

Latest posts