• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworms and juvenile dragons

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
ok to give em right? I got the "small" ones vita-bugs by timberline. I just wanted to jazz up his diet a bit, but he doesn't seem to like em lol. He will take one by hand, but I threw some in his salad and how about he ate all the greens and around the worms lol... I know I am lucky as some owners would kill to get their young ones to devour salad so I know I am lucky!!
If he isn't gonna eat the supers no biggie......ill just stick to crix and roaches with a wax worm here and there

Anyone get Dubias delivered to the door?

Sorry I am chatty on here....I like forums and this one and like activity and discussion...

I've got the bug already and am eyeing my 2nd dragon lol

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how old is your kid? I think you noted that on another thread, but I don't remember. he may need to "grow into" the supers. they're all different - click on the links below to see some other foods. I usually get my dubias from a contact off of craigslist, but I do know there are some delivered to your door. some pet stores have them, also - but watch the prices !

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have to agree that pet store prices on dubias are awful. The reptarium by my house charges 39 cents per medium dubia. Thats insane. As long as I order more than 50 at once, its actually cheaper for me to buy them online even with the shipping cost. Best prices I've found so far are at dubiaroaches.com. They have much more than just dubias too.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
dubiaroaches.com LOVE them! Last time I ordered 100 supers, 100 dubia, 100 waxworms, 25 hornworms and it was just $7 for shipping and the dubia are packed in a box in a box so there are no escapees.

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just placed my first order with them. 50 dubia, 100 supers, 100 BSFL about $25 including shipping. Seriously impressed with those prices. And by far the best hornworm prices I've ever seen. Awesome!

I was definitely wondering about how the dubias came. I should be getting mine tomorrow. Idk how I'm going to open the box without them running everywhere. Any advice??

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They ship them in a priority mail flat rate box. Inside the big box is a smaller priority mail flat rate box. Just open the smaller box inside the container you are using for your dubia and shake it until they all come out. When I used to get crickets, I used to unbox them in my bath tub and shake them into my container. This way any escapes were contained to the tub.

Willtheeman

Hatchling Dragon
If u can breed dubias it'll save u tons of money too. It's extremely easy. I used to buy them by the hundreds when my beardie loved them and I was spending about $50- $60 a month just on dubias alone. I bred them and have been having them for a long time now. Came in handy when I got my chameleon too cuz now he eats them too. I have to order some thou because the cham eats all the small ones and my bearded got back into eating them and I don't wanna feed off all the adults so they could breed lol.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk