• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Super Climbing Dubia

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
So does anyone have any advice on how to keep Dubia nymphs from climbing out? I just happened to look and see a nymph on the outside top of the sterilite container and was quite shocked. I chased him back into the box and then watched as he ran straight across the line of packing tape (which is what everyone said would stop them) like it wasn't even there.

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
If you have trouble with Dubia then pull their heads off... They still move around a lot... Just dont go where they aren't supposed to...

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I'm with Gillie on this one. Oh, and I think Dragon Lady is assuming you meant keeping dubia in a feeding dish, but it sounds like you mean in their breeder bin. I do not advocate pulling their heads off to keep them in their breeder bin. :D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So does anyone have any advice on how to keep Dubia nymphs from climbing out? I just happened to look and see a nymph on the outside top of the sterilite container and was quite shocked. I chased him back into the box and then watched as he ran straight across the line of packing tape (which is what everyone said would stop them) like it wasn't even there.
Packing tape works well as a deterrent, but is not always the cure-all. Colony bins still need a secure lid & monitored for escapees when open. Being that newborn nymphs are so light, only the smoothest\slickest vertical surface will keep them contained.

If you have trouble with Dubia then pull their heads off... They still move around a lot... Just dont go where they aren't supposed to...
Have been feeding Discoid Roaches for years, they are faster than Dubia, but have never found the need to rip off body parts to feed them. If that is necessary because they can not catch them, then I would suspect that the enclosure is too cluttered to begin with ;) .

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
I'm with Gillie on this one. Oh, and I think Dragon Lady is assuming you meant keeping dubia in a feeding dish, but it sounds like you mean in their breeder bin. I do not advocate pulling their heads off to keep them in their breeder bin. :D
Yes I thought he meant in a feeder dish lol... I wouldn't want anyone killing their breeders!

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Latest posts