• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sunny's New Custom Table Viv!

Amber & Sunny

Hatchling Dragon
Eeeee! I have been dying to give my little guy a custom viv since I brought him home! He is now around 10-11 inches and since taking him home at about 4 inches long he was in a 15 gallon square tank recommended by the pet store. I knew he would quickly outgrow it but I couldn't decide what kind of adult enclosure I would want so it worked for the time being. Decorated simply with repticarpet, a hammock, one medium size basking branch and a hide rock. During the last 2 weeks he has been scratching at the cage and wanting out constantly, then he would only sit way way up high on the tip of his basking branch when he did stay in his cage. So, I knew he was getting cramped and needed a bigger viv. I looked all over the internet and big petstore variety tanks that are stylish and large enough are over $200! So.... this thrifty woman got to thinking. Why not make one? After a trip to Goodwill I scored a HUGE wooden corner table for $7 and picked up my supplies (about $70 worth) from Home Depot and Amazon (another $40) to refinish and beardie-proof it. Here is the finished product... ta-da!

SunnyVivW.png

Since it's an odd shape (hence, corner table) you can't see it but the inside is about 40 inches long and 24 inches wide, then 29 inches in height, so in the future when he's had enough on just his floor and basking space I'll add some log ends as ledges to spice it up in a few months. One thing I've learned, Sunny loves change. He gets bored very easily lol.

Now to put some framed family pictures on top of the table and move it into the formal living room for display!

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Awesome. I love the look of enclosures as furniture. It can really enhance a room.

Amber & Sunny

Hatchling Dragon
He seems to like it! Though, he is a bit confused haha keep's looking at me like "So... I stay here now?" Lol. But I did have to make a slight adjustment and get a bigger hide rock. He never ever used his other one so I assumed even though it's way too small for him now he could still use it as a small perch... Well... Came home from a dinner tonight and he was wedging himself in the farthest back corner trying to hide under the moss bits from the walls... Now he has a great big hide (recycled plastic racetrack tunnel from my toddler's old car playset we were throwing out) just wrapped in in burlap and hot glued moss pieces to camouflage

Latest posts