• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

stressed bearded dragon

leticia carvalho

Bearded Dragon Egg
hii guys! i wanna know something, if u guys know/experienced something like that with your bearded dragons, let me know!
my baby, phoebe, sometimes act strange. i bet that she does this because something made her feel stressed, or scared. usually, her eyes get open wide, her craw gets very retracted, her beard becomes blacker and she stays immovable. after some minutes, she gets normal again. does everyone know why she acts like this? this happens when she goes to vet, or get out her terrarium, or when she sees my dog… she’s very sweet and calm! she has almost 3 years old.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hii guys! i wanna know something, if u guys know/experienced something like that with your bearded dragons, let me know!
my baby, phoebe, sometimes act strange. i bet that she does this because something made her feel stressed, or scared. usually, her eyes get open wide, her craw gets very retracted, her beard becomes blacker and she stays immovable. after some minutes, she gets normal again. does everyone know why she acts like this? this happens when she goes to vet, or get out her terrarium, or when she sees my dog… she’s very sweet and calm! she has almost 3 years old.
Sounds like those things you mentioned are stressing her out - does she do this every time shes out of the tank? I would keep the dog away from her as much as you can - dogs cats birds will stress them out since they are predators -- have you had her all 3 years or is the dragon new and not used to being around the dog?

leticia carvalho

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sounds like those things you mentioned are stressing her out - does she do this every time shes out of the tank? I would keep the dog away from her as much as you can - dogs cats birds will stress them out since they are predators -- have you had her all 3 years or is the dragon new and not used to being around the dog?
hii!! thanks for the reply!! after she had her surgery, (for dystocia/eggs) she started doing this… it’s been a few months so she’s fully recovered! but sometimes, she does this. today we went to the vet and she was very handled! (the vet opened her mouth to see the mucoses lol very uncomfortable) so when we arrived home she acted like this… and about my dog, yes, they are very familiar with each other, buuut sometimes she gets really uncomfortable when he barks or pass in front of her enclosure…

leticia carvalho

Bearded Dragon Egg
hii!! thanks for the reply!! after she had her surgery, (for dystocia/eggs) she started doing this… it’s been a few months so she’s fully recovered! but sometimes, she does this. today we went to the vet and she was very handled! (the vet opened her mouth to see the mucoses lol very uncomfortable) so when we arrived home she acted like this… and about my dog, yes, they are very familiar with each other, buuut sometimes she gets really uncomfortable when he barks or pass in front of her enclosure…
i have my bearded dragon since she was 6 months. and my dog since he was 1 month. today he has 6 years and phoebe has 2 years! he really don’t care about her lol but she does about him rarely!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Normal behavior for when a dog is barking-

Latest posts