• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange Behavior

KelliLorenz2000

Hatchling Dragon
So I've had Petey about a month now. He's gotten used to me and likes being out of his cage. When I have him out, he shows no signs of stress (such as blackening of beard or black spotting on his belly ), however, when he is in his cage, those stress marks show up frequently. I haven't made any changes to his cage, he's eating good, I'm keeping him hydrated and his temperatures are reading good. Any thoughts or ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

chandler.steinhoff.9

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
*sorry bout that * i read online that the marks they express on their belly dont have to be cause from stress and sometimes there just there but i have noticed that my little guy has less stress marks the more i feed him . so it may be food?

sayy_robbayy

Hatchling Dragon
So I've had Petey about a month now. He's gotten used to me and likes being out of his cage. When I have him out, he shows no signs of stress (such as blackening of beard or black spotting on his belly ), however, when he is in his cage, those stress marks show up frequently. I haven't made any changes to his cage, he's eating good, I'm keeping him hydrated and his temperatures are reading good. Any thoughts or ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
I also have heard that those marks on belly are not from stress, and my babies do the same thing sometimes when they are basking, happy as ever. Idk but I'll have to look more into that, that's for posting :)

Latest posts