• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stepped on Beardie. Please help!!

Mmil

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, my son (91lbs.) accidentally stopped on his sister's dragon while on the hard floor. He didn't put all his weight on him though. BobFred (dragon) is about 18" long. His beard has bean black for about an hour now. He doesn't want to be handled and won't eat. I called the vet and I'm dropping him of first thing in the am tomorrow. Anything aside from blood in stool I should look for? He seems to breath hard and has a bit of a gape. Thanks in advance.

Mmil

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is what he looks like right now. He's hiding.

Attachments

• 20200506_165916.jpg
    20200506_165916.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 470
  • 20200506_165902.jpg
    20200506_165902.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 467

shaunadi

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi! im 13 and 94 lbs and i also stepped on my bearded dragon a few months ago. if your bearded dragon does not like water (a lot of them dont and mine doesnt enjoy water) then spray water or pour a tiny drop of water on yours. i did that to my beardie and he was more aware and active. i let him sit in his cage for up to 20 minutes waiting for him to take a step at least. if he doesnt take any steps within 20 minutes, you should prolly take him to a vet to get him checked up. i understand coronavirus might prevent you from going to the vet. if you cant go to the vet then try reaching out to someone online that is an expert with beardies. i only know about this because my friends have lots of experience with reptiles. i hope this helped!!

Mmil

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Shaunadi,

Thanks for the response. I'm at the vet now and they say it seems to be internal bleeding. No occular function but heart is beating fine. He's gaping and non responsive.

Mmil

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Shaunadi,

Thanks for the response. I'm at the vet now and they say it seems to be internal bleeding. No occular function but heart is beating fine. He's gaping and non responsive. Also she said it doesn't seem to be brain funtion. Chances of survival are slim.

br1ann88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Shaunadi,

Thanks for the response. I'm at the vet now and they say it seems to be internal bleeding. No occular function but heart is beating fine. He's gaping and non responsive.
I feel really bad for you and your beardie, hope he gets better

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Hi all, my son (91lbs.) accidentally stopped on his sister's dragon while on the hard floor. He didn't put all his weight on him though. BobFred (dragon) is about 18" long. His beard has bean black for about an hour now. He doesn't want to be handled and won't eat. I called the vet and I'm dropping him of first thing in the am tomorrow. Anything aside from blood in stool I should look for? He seems to breath hard and has a bit of a gape. Thanks in advance.
They're likely going to do an x-ray for broken bones. If he doesn't want to be handled it's possible he's in pain.

Latest posts