• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

STARVED BEARDED DRAGON!! NEED HELP ASAP!!

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello I just rescued a bearded dragon from someone who didn't know how to take care of them, her name is Cleopatra. So long story short she is 11 years old and she lived in a 40 gallon all her life that was filled with playground sand. Her previous owner fed her once every 3 weeks for her whole life and all she had was a mercury 75 watt light. She had no hides. hammock etc just 2 pieces of wood propped up in the corner. I know I have to take her to the vet but they are closed today so I can’t make one until tomorrow. I need help I’m syringe feeding her water today she had diarrhea all of yesterday, she went 3 times. Her nails are so long that they are twisting her fingers and her tail is very limp and she’s basically just skin and bones. But she is a fighter and she can move like no one’s business she can also hold herself up a little bit if she’s hanging on you. I know I can’t feed her protein yet, but should I just give her fluids for the next couple of days maybe some electrolytes. Please help

Attachments

• E0463D14-2BA9-4B62-9A78-E58D9F437116.jpeg
    E0463D14-2BA9-4B62-9A78-E58D9F437116.jpeg
    963.9 KB · Views: 74

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Ok I can help you on the food part. Use a blender for this. Combine some bearded dragon safe vegetables and maybe a few bugs into a blender. Add some water (filtered) and blend it. Put it into a syringe, open the corner of her mouth and feed it to her. I would go with this for a while until she is strong enough to eat by herself. And contact a vet for some medical help.

Latest posts