• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

starting to worry

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
so i've got them separated now. they can't cuddle anymore but they also won't get snippy with each other
003-3.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear it!
BTW...is that a red bulb I see? Or is it my computer?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Na, not the best. You don't need them. No lights/heat at all during the night. As for the red...it is better to have clear/white. More light, better for your beardie.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
they don't seem to like it when they don't have the red heat lights on at night. the top tank has an under tank heater but we just got the second tank yesterday and am waiting to buy another UT heater. so regular household light bulbs will work instead of red then?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The red lights will interrupt sleeping. Yes regular household bulbs are fine.
Under the tank heaters are also not good. Beardies don't feel heat from under. They can burn easily. All heat should come from above. At night as long as your house stays above 60* they are fine without any heat at all.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Regular house lights are fine.

Under tank heaters are a no no...they can not feel heat on their bellys and can get burned. if the temps drop below 65* at night then a heat emitter will give them heat. with no light, light even red can interrupt their sleep.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ok, UT heater and red bulbs removed, calcium with D3 5 times a week, multi-vitamin 2 times a week. collard greens every day, mixed with red peppers, apples, occasional carrots and squash. whats another good staple to mix in there?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good....
Dandelion, escarole, swiss chard. Those are some good ones.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glass dancing.. could be any reason really. A desire to get out of the enclosure, a desire for more food, a desire to claw something up...
hope this helps.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they don't seem to like it when they don't have the red heat lights on at night. the top tank has an under tank heater but we just got the second tank yesterday and am waiting to buy another UT heater. so regular household light bulbs will work instead of red then?

Dont know if the night time heat situation is OK. But a friend of mine bought a heat pad and curved it to form a dome / tent like structure. His beardies now sleep under it so they wont get burned but get the heat. He also puts a blankie/washcloth on top of it for in case they wake up and climb on top.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I dont think so. My friends BD is now about 4 months and he has one, the other one is 3 months and also has one. No bad things have happened yet. They also have a teddy each, mine has 2 LOL

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You may want to find the thread where PSCaulkins (Sandy) talks about her blankets, pillows and beds she makes herself... I am I think, the proud owner of 3 she made for me last year.... She would be delighted, I hope, to share with you how she made those.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts