• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Squinting BD

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
Hey all I have a small BD no more than 12 weeks old. I have recently noticed him squinting a lot when in basking side is this normal?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome. maybe normal. they're all so different. it may be a bit bright for him. if he has no other signs of illness or something else wrong, I would just watch him. does he move into the basking area voluntarily or do you move him there?

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
welcome. maybe normal. they're all so different. it may be a bit bright for him. if he has no other signs of illness or something else wrong, I would just watch him. does he move into the basking area voluntarily or do you move him there?
He goes into basking side on his own.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sometimes my beardies squint or close their eyes while basking. It doesn't seem to be related to any sort of problem, I think they're just content.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Joe Giddz

Hatchling Dragon
Sometimes my beardies squint or close their eyes while basking. It doesn't seem to be related to any sort of problem, I think they're just content.

That's what I was hoping haha just noticed him doing it a fair bit. And being a newbie worrying more than ever haha

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's what I was hoping haha just noticed him doing it a fair bit. And being a newbie worrying more than ever haha

We all worry! It's our job to care for and worry relentlessly about our beloved little beardies. You're not alone :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How is your little one doing these days??

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The Reptiglo tube bulbs are subpar and not the best UVB to use. That could be causing the eye problems. Reptisun 10.0 T8 or T5 are good and Arcadia 12% and 14% bulbs are even better, but a little more expensive.

Latest posts