• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spike the Leopard Gecko

SpikeTheGecko

Hatchling Dragon
image.jpeg
This is Spike - I've had him 3 years! Most easy going pet you could ever ask for!!

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Really? I was told bearded dragons were the easiest. Norbert is my first reptile and it's been a bumpy ride his first month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well leopard geckos are one of the easiest reptiles to take care of, bearded dragons get easier as they get older
Leopard geckos have easy care, they eat dusted food and are good for as long as their tail is fat (of course it's best for them to have a constant feeding)

Your spike is one handsome gecko! I love leopard geckos, I have two myself and they're the cutest and calm little monsters I've ever had!

-Maisie

SpikeTheGecko

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks for your lovely comments!!

Spike is amazing, never had a single issue with him that's my reason for getting Draco (bearded dragon).

The two couldn't be any different - both lovely though and both perfect for me as Draco is awake and lively during the day while Spike is awake during the night so both get my full attention :).

I've only had Draco about 2 weeks, he's been fine so far - whats been bumpy with your first month mxw0rld?
image.jpeg

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
First off I got him from a pet store. I know bad choice but what happened was my 4yr old grandson was walking around looking at the pets while I was getting supplies for my 14 hermit crabs and 5 cats. And this baby bearded dragon came flying from the back of the cage to the glass to my grandson and was looking at him, following him, watching him and then Bentley (grandson) kisses the glass/beardie and at that point I knew I had to get him. Luckily I had a 20 gallon empty tank so all I needed to get were the lights and food. I even had water and food dishes and a reptile hammock. Anyways back to the question. We took him to the vet for his new pet check up and he was full of pin worms. So he's been on Panacur 1 dose a week for 4 weeks. He has 1 dose left. But since we started the Panacur he doesn't eat much. He has started shedding. I do dust his food. I fed him crickets for the first 3 days then switched to dubia's. He doesn't eat any greens so I feed the dubia's his collard & turnip greens and a little kale. I'm just a bit worried. He is drinking and pooping and has good urates. Everyone says during sheds it's common for them to not eat. I just feel bad for him. With the Panacur and shed he's going through a lot. It doesn't look like he's getting any bigger. He is getting longer. Sorry for the long post. I'm sorry for posting this on your spike the leopard gecko post. If you want me to move it I can.

SpikeTheGecko

Hatchling Dragon
Poor lil fella, good job he's found such a loving home!! Draco had a shed last week and his appetite did decrease so hopefully once your boys shed and finished the panacur he'll pick up and be right as rain.!

Dracos shed was very different from Spikes, Spike eats all his up - where as Draco was happy to leave it all over his viv (was very cool to see though).

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Poor lil fella, good job he's found such a loving home!! Draco had a shed last week and his appetite did decrease so hopefully once your boys shed and finished the panacur he'll pick up and be right as rain.!

Dracos shed was very different from Spikes, Spike eats all his up - where as Draco was happy to leave it all over his viv (was very cool to see though).

I read that if a beardie eats his exo then he needs calcium. So it's a good thing he didn't eat it!! Yea Norbert had his exo all over his viv and my tub!! Lol

Thank you for your sweet comments.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they will often eat their shed as a hard wired technique of hiding themselves to prey

Latest posts