• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Someone please help ASAP

rob123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi for the past 3 night my bearded dragon has been acting really strange and it is like he is taken a seizure/ fit and tonight I managed to get a video of it although it is not letting me upload it for some reason he is now breathing heavy and has a black beard. After 2 mins he then acts fine like nothing has happened. I have booked him in for the vet but they can't see him until next week and I am really really worried... He has regular calcium and eats greens and poo's fine please someone help me I am really worried

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Is there no way to get an emergency appointment?! Thats crazy having to wait until next week.

What type of lighting do you have? How old is it? Can you post a picture of your set up and the temps in it?

rob123

Bearded Dragon Egg
nope they said thats the earliest one available with is terrible!! I will post a photo when I get home It seems to be the correct set up as he has been fine since we got him and he always had this.. he has a heat build at 31 and a reptiglow 10 I think will I recently got the now heat build about 3 months ago and the UV builb is about 7 months old?

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sounds like it might be a calcium deficiency caused by poor lighting. That light you mention needs to be replaced every 5-6 months at most.

rob123

Bearded Dragon Egg
took him to the vet.. all it good turns out he has a ear infection, got auntibiotics vet said he is really healthy and nothing to worry about

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Glad you were able to get in to see the vet. My concern would be how did it get an ear infection? Its not common in dragons, and would generally mean there is an underlying problem or reduced immune function. When you mentioned that your heat bulb was at 31 C, do you mean that is the ambient temperature under it or was that a surface temperature? How are you measuring that? Thats quite a cool basking temperature, even if its ambient, so that may be the issue. Perhaps if you post a picture it might help.

That UVB light will need changing though too. Id recommend the Zoomed or Arcadia versions over the Exo Terra.

rob123

Bearded Dragon Egg
he got an ear infection from when he was getting a bath, we have a little digital thermometer in the basking area and the cool area, New UV build has been fitted tonight got a Arcadia,

Latest posts